Friday, May 6, 2016

Risuko: A Kunoichi Tale by David Kudler

Can one girl win a war? My name is Kano Murasaki, but most people call me Risuko. Squirrel. I am from Serenity Province, though I was not born there. My nation has been at war for a hundred years, Serenity is under attack, my family is in disgrace, but some people think that I can bring victory. That I can be a very special kind of woman. All I want to do is climb. My name is Kano Murasaki, but everyone calls me Squirrel. Risuko.


Though Japan has been devastated by a century of civil war, Risuko just wants to climb trees. Growing up far from the battlefields and court intrigues, the fatherless girl finds herself pulled into a plot that may reunite Japan -- or may destroy it. She is torn from her home and what is left of her family, but finds new friends at a school that may not be what it seems.  Magical but historical, Risuko follows her along the first dangerous steps to discovering who she truly is.

Book Details:
Hardcover, First, 230 pages
Expected publication: June 15th 2016
ISBN 1938808320 (ISBN13: 9781938808326)
Edition Language English
Series Seasons of the Sword #1
Characters Kano Murasaki (Risuko), Mochizuki Chiyome, Tarugu Toumi, Hanichi Emi, Mieko...
setting Mochizuki, Shinano, 1570 (Japan) 

0 komentar:

Post a Comment